Saturday, September 24, 2011

High Anxiety...

Late in the day Thursday, the nurse calls me at work on my cellphone to say blood test shows DH has "high creatine level," needs to hydrate and have blood re-taken on Friday. Says she's been calling him all day, but got no answer.  Would I give him the message?  Sure...then I'm googling "high creatine" - may mean many things, can be indicator of heart attack.  Heart attack!?   I can't seem to forget that my brother's friend went through HCV treatment successfully but then died of a heart attack.  DH complains almost daily of his "high heart rate" from the meds.  He has shortness of breath, can't exercise.  I call home and get no answer.  The freak out slowly starts, the mind reels.  I pack up my things and run out of the office.  I call again on my cellphone on my way - STILL no answer.  I'm picturing a terrible scenario - then DH calls my cell while I'm in the car and says "Hi!"  Whew...sigh of relief, but takes me awhile to come down from that worst fear.    

No comments:

Post a Comment