Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tears were flowing

Last night we watched the movie 50/50 about a young guy with a rare cancer who has a 50/50 chance of surviving.  I was surprised DH picked that one over a political thriller.  The movie shows how the guy has to deal with the fact that he might be dying ( he concludes that he IS dying) and how people around him change - some sticking by him, some not.  I looked over to see DH crying - in fact crying a lot.  I realized how much he's been covering up his fears.  I'm hanging on to what the docs said about "90%" chance of cure and the fact that he has been negative since Week 4.  But I realize he's not going to believe he's cured until he's much further along.  I'm glad we watched that movie.  Got to get the feelings out.

No comments:

Post a Comment