Sunday, January 8, 2012

Trudging along...

Here we are in the new year.  DH gave himself the Inteferon shot last night.  He has 4 more to go (only IF the doctor allows him to stop at 24 weeks).  He's still taking the Ribavarin daily, still feeling exhausted each week after the Inteferon.  I know he's not going to believe he's cured until he stays virus free for several months after the treatment is over.  Last night he said "I'm never going to be the same."  I agreed with him.  I observed that after the 1st round of treatment, he was not his "old self" even several months after the treatment stopped.  I imagine it will be many months, if not years, before he gets back to being "Mr. SuperFit" - if he ever does.  Guess we're going to have to learn to be grateful for what we DO have - as in, NOT having HepC if and when he gets to that point for sure (I believe he WILL).

No comments:

Post a Comment